We are planning on re-opening our tennis courts for singles play only (maximum of 2 people per court) on Wednesday, May 27, 2020. Our only caveat relates to the precise opening date. We are completely resurfacing all six courts. We expect the courts to be ready by the 27th, but if not, we will need to slightly delay the opening. Once the courts are opened, the following measures will be taken to ensure your safety:
General Rules as Directed by Governor Cuomo:
- 6 foot social barrier must be respected
- Tennis players cannot congregate
- There will be no benches to sit on
- The bathrooms will not be open
- Facilities will not be open
- Anyone waiting to play and outside their cars must wear masks in the event the 6 foot social barrier cannot be respected.
- Reservations may be made by email or phone as provided below, starting any time after 9am on Thursday, May 21, 2020. Reservations cannot be made more than one week in advance.
- Courts will be open 8am – 6pm, 7 days a week.
- Only East Hills residents will be permitted to play. No guests will be allowed. Park Cards or Driver’s Licenses must be shown to the attendants on duty,
- Reservations must be made in advance, NO WALK-UPS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- The time to play will be limited to one hour time slots unless nobody is waiting to use the court.
- If you want to ensure your reservation request will be honored (assuming court availability), please submit your reservation at least 24 hours in advance of the requested court time. There is no guarantee that requests for court time made less than 24 hours in advance will be honored.
- To ensure the fair use of the courts, the Park Director has the discretion to place limits as follows: 2 reservations per week per person, (4 per household), and to require the reserved court time be scheduled on different days.
- Requests for reservations must be made by email email@example.com, or by calling the Park Office at 516-484-9800. When requesting a reservation, please provide following information for EACH player:
- Full Name
- E-mail Address
- Telephone number
- All players must check in, 6ft away, with Park Attendant before entering the courts.
- Park Staff reserves the right to close the courts due to weather or any reason deemed necessary.
- All residents must observe the rules. Please provide notice of cancellations as soon as possible so the courts can be made available to other residents.
- Reservations will be accepted on a first-come-first served basis.
Procedures that must be followed at the Tennis Courts:
- Only players previously registered will be allowed onto the courts. No spectators are allowed.
- All residents must wear a cloth face mask until they arrive at their reserved tennis court.
- Maximum of 2 players will be allowed on a court at each time.
- Professional lessons are prohibited.
- Reservation schedules with be strictly enforced. Once the hour has passed, players must exit tennis courts promptly if someone is waiting to use their court.
- The 6 feet social distancing will be enforced.
- Players are not permitted to walk to or visit any other part of the Park.
- The tennis building will not be open. BRING YOUR OWN TENNIS BALLS.
- The restrooms will not be available at the Park.
- Water fountains will not be open. Please bring your own water, and dispose of the bottles or remove them when leaving the facilities.
As we plan for the future, we ask everyone’s close cooperation. The Coronavirus remains extremely contagious. Please be careful.