East Hills Pool Closes After Another Great Year!
On September 4, 2018, East Hills Mayor Michael Koblenz ended another successful season at the Village’s 12,000 sq. ft. swimming pool. Mayor Koblenz said, “I thank the members of our staff and our lifeguards for a banner year highlighted by even extending the season an extra day before the school year began. I also am appreciative to Deputy Mayor Manny Zuckerman and Trustees Clara Pomerantz, Brian Meyerson and Stacey Siegel who helped coordinate, supervise and plan the events held at the Park over the summer.” The 2018 programs over the summer months included:
- The Kids in the Park End of School Pool Party which included DJ music, giveaways, and a water slide;
- The Senior Activities Committee presented a series of water exercise classes over the course of the summer season;
- Top musicians entertained the residents all summer long, including, the BarryTones Band, 45 RPM, Get On Up Band, and multiple special performances by Frankie T. & The Keys;
- A fireworks show held on July 3, 2018, sponsored by Rallye Motors. Once again over 3,500 people watched as fireworks lit up the sky. This year’s fireworks show included choreographed music to the burst of flashes which lit up the sky;
- In August, East Hills held its annual “Green Day” to inform residents on products and services which benefit the environment. Participating businesses included ecofriendly cars provided by Rallye Motors, energy efficient services and solar products;
- Also in August “Wellness Day” was held to inform residents about products and services to enjoy healthier, happier lives. The event included a wide range of vendors who sold beauty oils and products, cosmetics, self-defense instructors and healthy supplements and even juices;
- The last event of the season was the Kids in the Park Endless Summer Event. It included excellent DJ music, airbrush tattoos, and a Game Truck featuring video games. The event was produced in connection with Geo Events.